Let's Have a Wedding! (But first a B & B party!)

A way for me to communicate with my peeps about the wedding (6.7.08) and bachelorette party (7.7.07)!

Friday, March 2, 2007

Bachelor & Bachelorette Party

Greg and I are coming on the afternoon 7/6 and staying at the Excalibur. There are several other couples staying there, while others are staying at Treasure Island (Andrea/Randy) and the Paris (Kristy-my cousin).

The race car driving school is closed that weekend for a race, so the guys have opted for another mature form of entertainment...

As for us ladies, my bachelorette party is featuring Spa Day at Microspa. It offers a wide range of services at a reasonable price and more importantly, we can use SpaFinder gift certificates! These GC are available at Costco at a 20% discount off the face value. The GC are sold in units of (2) $50 GC for $80. You know that I am thrifty so I am sharing it with you! The only drawback to the GC is that you cannot receive cash back when redeemed so if there is any unused value, you lose it. For example, you purchase $100 worth of GC but the treatment is only $70, so you lose $30 of value. In order to minimize this unused value, we can pool our gift certificates as a group to pay for the entire cost of everyone's services. We are still in the process of figuring out whether we will do this given the hassle involved, since it will require everyone to decide what services they want then send me (or my MOH) the money to buy the GC in advance.

For right now, we just want to get reservations made. Icalled the spa several weeks ago and they were already booking reservation for our day (7/7) so I gave the spa my name and credit card number to temporarily reserve and block off a large segment of time to ensure that we all get our choice of service(s).

Please go to the Microspa website and review their spa menu to decide what services you want. Please respond by Friday March 30. On April 1, we will be calling the spa to reserve everyone's selection and the remaining time slots on hold will be dropped. Anyone that doesn't respond by March 30 will be on their own for making their own reservations. My cc will remain on file to guarantee the specific reservations for those that responded by 3/30 but each person will ultimately be responsible for payment for their own service(s). My cc will be charged for the full price of the service if there are any no-shows or cancellations after the spa's grace period, so please keep that in mind if you have a change of plans.

Due to the # of girls going and the limited number of spa technicians, each person will be able to receive only ONE treatment, possiby 2. What I need you to do is:

  1. Indicate whether you are going to the spa just to hang with the girls (but not receive a treatment) or whether you want a treatment,
  2. If you want a treatment, tell me how many treatments you want (1 or 2) and
  3. list your top FIVE choices of spa servvices (list your top choice first)

Why am I asking for your top five choices? Due to the # of girls and limited number of spa personnel, it is highly likely that they won't be able to accomodate everyone's top choice. So please don't list a service unless you are willing to have it booked for you. Additionally, please do not choose 4-5 different types of the same service e.g. deep tissue massage, swedish massage, aromatherapy massage etc. Please try to choose from as many different categories (as defined on left side of the spa menu) as possible. Again, this is due to the fact there is limited spa personnel and specifying all the same type of service does nothing to increase flexibility.

Please post your selections in the comments section by clicking on the "X Comments" at the bottom of this entry. You do not need a user account to post there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I did all that work to get back to you right away and i don't see my name with treatment listed! :) LOL
Due to my current situation, the only thing that I can say I can do for sure is the reflexology so pls put me down for one treatment of reflexology. If that isnt available I will just go and hang out. remember if you need urgent info pls call, as I dont check email since im on dial up and it takes forever. ps work blocked my email so i cant retrieve it there either. Ugh!!!!

hugs,
reiko